Based on installing the Black Mamba headlight to a Suzuki DRZ400 with stock headlight. Installing the Black Mamba headlight is straightforward.
. Step 1 : Choose which wires you want to be the ground and positive for each of the lights, it doesn’t matter which wire you select as long as one wire is the ground (-) and one is the positive
2. Step 2: Remove stock headlight from the bike (if it has one), you will have to drop the fork tubes to remove the bracket. Locate the stock headlight 3 prong black socket.
3. Step 3: With the socket facing forward and you looking directly at it, you should not that the ground (-) will be on the right side, low beam will be on top and high beam will be on the left.
4. Step 4: You will need to pick-up some crimp-on wire terminal connectors from an automotive store or Radio Shack. Crimp all the ground wires onto two of the terminal connectors and plug them into the 3 prong socket. You should be able to get two terminal connectors to fit into the right side of the 3 prong socket.
5. Step 5: Select any of the two headlights you want to go into your low beam and high beam sections of the 3 prong socket. We recommend using the two outside smaller lights as your low beam and the two inner lights as your high beam. You can also run all the headlights at the same time by plugging them all into your low beam socket however you will no longer have a toggle between high and low (not recommended for street use).
6. Step 6: You may have to use an auger drill bit to open the wholes slightly on the plastic headlight because the anchor on the rubber straps is slightly bigger than the whole on the headlight housing. (if applicable)
BLACK MAMBA Headlight in off position
The terminal connector from Automotive Store or Radio Shack
Right-side Ground – Middle Top low beam – Left side high beam
Low Beam Headlights On (outside lights)
High Beam lights on (Inside Lights)
The Black Mamba Headllght is available at Motostrano.com